Servicing Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and Central Coast communities by supporting each child and their family.
Here at Sensational Start our aim is to provide families with access to a holistic service that supports children’s development from ground up. We work with children aged 2-18 years and use a family centered approach which means we tailor our supports to meet the needs of each family and child as an individual.
Sensational Start Occupational Therapy have a clinic in Belmont and Tuggerah. We are also able to offer some outreach services including school and home consults.
Occupational Therapy can help with:
- Children having difficulty due to sensory processing differences
- Poor coordination or delayed gross motor skills
- Decreased fine motor skills due to strength, coordination or motor planning
- Children slow to master toileting or presenting with toilet avoidance behaviours
- Fussy eating
- Children having difficulty engaging in or mastering self-care tasks including brushing their hair/teeth/washing self/dressing
- Children having difficulty proficiently completing handwriting tasks
- Children with difficulties organising themselves and their belongings
- Children with limited play skills or difficulty playing with friends
- Children presenting with challenging behaviour
- Emotional Regulation
- Children with an experience of trauma